Relax your body and unwind your mind through awe-inspiring outdoor adventures on the majestic River Shannon, or Grand Canal through ancient waters that were once navigated by Vikings in the 10th century.
Mid Ireland Adventure is beautifully positioned along the River Shannon in the charming, rural town of Banagher On the Shannon, while its sister company- The Slieve Bloom Mountain Bike (MTB) Centre- is located at the foothills of the Slieve Bloom Mountains.
As Europe’s oldest mountain range, the Slieve Blooms are home to Irelands’ largest state-owned Nature Reserve, offering the perfect location to explore the great outdoors.
Through the passionate and experienced Mid Ireland Adventure team, explore this epic landscape through a wide range of unforgettable land and water eco-based activities from guided mountain bike tours, hiking tours, and archery workshops to stand up paddleboarding (SUP) and kayak safaris.
Mid-Ireland Adventure Team: Passionate adventure experts | Knowledgeable | Customer-focused.
Epic Landscape: Off the beaten track | Unspoiled Slieve Bloom Mountains | River Shannon | Land & water.
Simply Be: Breathe the fresh air | Enjoy the great outdoors | Embrace the natural surroundings.
History | Learn the secrets in the landscape | From Vikings to Ireland’s legendary Celtic heroes.
Adventure & Tours: Try something new! | Learn from experienced guides | Memorable experiences.
Mid Ireland Adventure and the Slieve Bloom MTB Centre are tourism partners with Ireland’s Hidden HEARTLANDS and Ireland’s Ancient East and we are also members of IRELAND’s Leave No Trace programme.
Leave No Trace is an Outdoor Ethics Education Programme designed to promote and inspire responsible outdoor recreation through education, research and partnership. Failte Ireland Accredited Service Excellence in Customer Service
Our passion is the great outdoors so let us kick start your adventure today!
- Your safety is always our number one priority at Mid Ireland Adventure.
- Risk assessments have been carried out on all activity locations and our activities are all covered by our €6.5 million public liability insurance, in the highly unlikely event of negligence by one of our employees.
- To ensure the very best experience for everyone, we operate under strict instructor plus adult supervisor to student ratios. This ensures that all participants are carefully supervised. All our staff members are highly qualified and experienced in dealing with children and adults in the great outdoors. Our instructors are mature, responsible and first aid trained and they all hold relevant qualifications in their individual area of expertise. Groups are fully briefed before undertaking any activities and are continually monitored.
- Our staff have also undergone relevant COVID-19 hygiene and safety training and is now apart of the Covid -19 Safety charter endorsed by Failte Ireland and the Government of Ireland.
- Mid Ireland Adventure SUP instructors are ASI Accredited (the worlds leading Surf & Paddle education and accreditation organization).
- MTB instructors have certified Cycling Ireland MBLA Trail Cycle Leader Awards.
- Our team are also certified Remote Emergency Care First Aid Responders.